maandag 15 april 2013



Welcome to my blog.

My name is Floris Smeets, I have a degree in forest and nature management, currently I'm following a master in applied ecology and I have a great passion for wildlife photography. This passion has grown over the past few years and now I will start my own business in wildlife photography in Norway. 

For 4 springs I have been observing and photographing black grouse during their courtship. From April 2014 it will be possible for others to join me to enjoy this spectacular phenomenon up close. Additionally, this summer I will start to build small observation huts for observing and photographing a great variety of birds and mammals. These huts can be rented from 2014. On this blog you can follow the progress I'm making with my business and I will be posting wildlife pictures made from my hides. 
Here are some black grouse and capercaillie pictures I took. 
















Bird species I'm focusing on: Black Grouse, Capercaillie, Hazel Grouse, Willow Grouse, Rock Ptarmigan, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Lesser Spotted Woodpecker, Black Woodpecker, Northern goshawk, Eurasian Sparrow hawk, Western Osprey, Golden Eagle, Common Crane, Siberian Jay, Eurasian Jay, Common Cuckoo, Eurasian bullfinch,  Eurasian siskin, Eurasian Nuthatch, Brambling, Mealy Redpoll, European crested tit, Willow Tit, Common Redstart, European Pied Flycatcher, Yellowhammer, White-throated Dipper, Goldcrest, European Golden Plover, Wood Sandpiper, Eurasian Curlew, Whimbrel, Whooper Swan, Common Goldeneye and Eurasian Teal.






























Mamals species I'm focussing on: Moose, Red Deer, Roe Deer, Reindeer, Muskox, Beaver, Pine Marten, Red Fox, Mountain Hare, and Lemming.







 Please feel free to contact me for any questions.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten